- What on earth is this box? It’s not in keeping with the rest of the room.
- OMG. It’s a ring. *turns around* omg. Tim is down on one knee.
- Ellie and Callum have their phones out and are taking photos!!! They knew!!!
- “Are you serious?” (That one was out loud).
- Oh shit, Tim is saying something. No idea what. It sounds lovely though. Something about running across town to get my phone?
- “Is the timer for the game still running?” (That one was out loud too).
- Yes, obviously. That one wasn’t out loud.
- Why is he still down there?
- Oh crap.
- “YES obviously!”
That’s right. Last Friday, Tim asked me to marry him and I (eventually) said yes.
The entire story of the proposal sounds like it’s straight out of a rom com, with enlisting my friends to lie to me, frantic taxi rides from York to Leeds, and hacking into my Facebook and email accounts. A massive thank you to Escape Hunt for going along with my fiance’s (ahhhh fiance) madcap scheme, and for Ellie and Callum for being sneaky AF (in a good way).
I will definitely share the full story of what happened within the next few months, but right now I’m enjoying relaying the crazy tale in person. So watch this space – there will definitely be wedding content incoming.