So I got back late (I’m basically always late) and had about 20 minutes to cook dinner and eat it.
I also only had chicken. Didn’t have any quick sauces or stick-in-the-oven jobs.
So I decided to make my stupidly easy chicken. It has the added benefit of being ridiculously delicious. It’s not terribly good for you (OMG butter), but when you’re in a rush who has time for healthy?
- Chicken (2 breasts)
- Olive oil (1tbsp)
- Butter (25g)
- Garlic (2tbsp, minced, I use Very Lazy Garlic)
- Soy sauce (2tbsp)
- Rice (200g)
- Peas (however much you like, really)
- Chop the chicken into chunks or strips.
- Stick the rice on to boil.
- Heat the oil in the pan, then add the butter and melt (I find this helps to stop the butter from burning as easily). The pan shouldn’t be too hot.
- Add the garlic and soy sauce to the pan. Fry for a couple of minutes then up the heat so it’s sizzling.
- Add the chicken to the pan.
- Cook for 5-10 minutes until the chicken is cooked through, then a few minutes longer to reduce the sauce a little.
- When the rice is a couple of minutes from being done, add the peas to the same saucepan.
- When the rice is cooked, dish it up.
- Next serve up the chicken and drizzle the sauce over the top. Serve and eat quickly (if you’re in a rush!).
It’s not the prettiest dish, but believe me, it tastes INCRED.